What is the purpose of a filter-absorber? The main answer to the question is to protect the atmospheric air entering the shelter in case of nuclear, chemical, bacteriological or other types of threats. Also, filter-absorbers are installed at industrial facilities and in the territory of special fortifications.
Due to the design features and the type of absorbing agents used, the air absorber filter performs well in cleaning toxic and radioactive decay products. It is available for installation both in stationary ventilation systems and on the special base of mobile military facilities, which expands the field of application.
The use of special absorbents, which are able to absorb harmful components, determines the purpose of filter-absorbers. They are installed in bomb shelters and other types of shelters where both military and civilians are present. Due to the design features, the purification elements exclude contamination by hazardous elements, which can cause poisoning or trigger irreversible physical processes.
Absorber filters cope with these types of dangerous impurities:
- bacteriological weapons (indicative effectiveness when aerosol exposure is used);
- warfare agents in any concentration;
- radioactive fallout (prime example: dust produced by decaying radioactive substances);
- toxic chemicals (smoke after fires and other options).
A purification unit is an oblong cylinder with an absorbing element inside. The guarantee of purification from harmful impurities is due to the peculiarities of the design, which has a special zone. Contaminated air initially enters it, and then, passing through the filter, enters the room. This option of getting rid of harmful impurities is also suitable for sealed rooms, which expands the scope of application.
Today the market offers the following types of filters-absorbers:
- FPU-200 (the most common version, the use of which is guaranteed to purify a volume of 200 m3 of air in 60 minutes);
- FP-300 (universal model, which is used for cleaning from smoke, dust, poisonous compounds with the efficiency of 300 m3 of air mixture per hour);
- FP-50/25 (a universal version of protection for small rooms);
- FP-100U (an upgraded model that copes with most hazardous aerosol components);
- FVU-100A (installed on armored vehicles, the volume of the cleaned air is 100 cubic meters);
- FVUA-100A (recommended installation for filtration ventilation in automobile equipment);
- FPT-100M (used in confined spaces for cleaning from radiation substances, the productivity of 100 m3/h);
- FPT-100B (used for cleaning air flow from bacteriological hazards, copes with 100 m3/hour);
- FPT-200M (proven effective against radioactive types of contamination with a capacity of 200 m3 per hour);
- FPT-200B (protection against bacteriological threats, cleans up to 200 m3 per 60 minutes of work).
Additionally, the filter-absorber can be equipped with regenerative cartridges, which successfully cope with the purification of carbon dioxide. Ordering special mounting elements facilitates its implementation in the filter-ventilation system. Also, it is possible to expand the configuration with heat-carrying elements, which help to slightly reduce the temperature of incoming air.
Important point: prompt replacement of the filter elements that have reached the end of their service life is important, which guarantees effective protection in case of emergency.